Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> on 2008/01/09 15:12:29 UTC

Re: Regarding IndexingConfiguration

Hi Ard,

Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Yesterday I tried to use
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM
> "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.0.dtd">
> <configuration xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0">
>   <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
>     <property nodeScopeIndex="false">someProp</property>
>   </index-rule>
> </configuration>
>
> and thought that this would mean that all properties would be nodescope
> indexed, except 'someProp'. Perhaps I am wrong about my expectation, but
> this index-rule results in that no property at all makes it to the
> nodescope index. AFAICS, there is no easy way to exclude one single
> property from the nodescope, without having to add *all* properties you
> do want in the nodescope. Is this behavior correct and intentional?

yes, this is correct and intended.

reason for this is, that I wanted people to explicitly declare what they want to
index, instead of a default that includes everything (well, that actually is the
default if there is *no* configuration at all ;) ).

regards
  marcel

RE: Regarding IndexingConfiguration

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Marcel

> yes, this is correct and intended.
>
> reason for this is, that I wanted people to explicitly
> declare what they want to index, instead of a default that
> includes everything (well, that actually is the default if
> there is *no* configuration at all ;) ).

Ok. Not really a problem for me (would consider it a matter of taste
anyway), but I just had this usecase which I could not accomplish with
only configuring the indexing_configuration. I'll get around it. Thx for
the explanation,

Regards Ard