Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/09/05 23:02:07 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "TenTwoSnapshot" by KristianWaagan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KristianWaagan:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot

  ||[http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDevActivities DerbyDevActivities]|| Status of some current activities for the Derby project||
  ||[http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=11187&styleName=Html&projectId=10594&Create=Create 10.2 Release Notes]|| Issues that have been fixed and open issues that are marked Fix For 10.2||
  ||[http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html#latest 10.2 alpha manuals]|| Latest Manuals under development for 10.2. Note not all implemented features have been documented yet. Others might be documented but not implemented.||
- ||[http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/publishedapi/ 10.2 API javadoc ]|| Public API javadoc including new JDBC 4.0 DataSource implementations||
+ ||[http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/publishedapi/ 10.2 API javadoc ]|| Public API javadoc including new JDBC 4.0 !DataSource implementations||

  == JDBC4 Status ==

@@ -48, +48 @@

  ||Ease-of-development||This uses Annotations to simplify and parameterize the creation of tabular !DataSets. Derby does not implement its own !QueryObjectGenerator. Instead, as the spec allows, Derby forwards ease-of-development calls to Mustang's default !QueryObjectFactory.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
  ||Wrapper pattern||This lets applications exploit vendor-specific behavior wrapped inside JDBC objects.||Fully implemented, though Derby does not expose any vendor specific behaviour.||
  ||Statement events||This lets applications listen for events which invalidate or close Statements.||Fully implemented.||
- ||SQLException subclasses||JDBC4 refines SQLException into new subclasses, each bound to some range of error conditions. JDBC4 requires that implementations raise these refined exceptions when the corresponding conditions occur. 10.2 does this.	However, 10.2 omits the late-breaking SQLRecoverableException, whose vendor-specific semantics are not clear. Although Derby does not raise this exception, we believe that Derby complies with the spec.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||SQLException subclasses||JDBC4 refines SQLException into new subclasses, each bound to some range of error conditions. JDBC4 requires that implementations raise these refined exceptions when the corresponding conditions occur. 10.2 does this.	However, 10.2 omits the late-breaking SQL!RecoverableException, whose vendor-specific semantics are not clear. Although Derby does not raise this exception, we believe that Derby complies with the spec.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
- ||Miscellaneous methods||JDBC4 adds new methods and changes old methods on the following JDBC objects: Connection, !CallableStatement, !DatabaseMetaData, !PreparedStatement, !ResultSet, Statement, !DataSource, and !PooledConnection. 10.2 implements all of these methods that are mandatory. Some optional methods will throw SQLFeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||Miscellaneous methods||JDBC4 adds new methods and changes old methods on the following JDBC objects: Connection, !CallableStatement, !DatabaseMetaData, !PreparedStatement, !ResultSet, Statement, !DataSource, and !PooledConnection. 10.2 implements all of these methods that are mandatory. Some optional methods will throw SQL!FeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
- ||!RowId||JDBC4 introduces this optional datatype. Derby does not support the corresponding SQL ROWID datatype. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQLFeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||!RowId||JDBC4 introduces this optional datatype. Derby does not support the corresponding SQL ROWID datatype. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQL!FeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
- ||National string types||JDBC4 introduces these optional datatypes: NCHAR, NVARCHAR, LONGNVARCHAR, NCLOB. Derby does not support the corresponding SQL datatypes. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQLFeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||National string types||JDBC4 introduces these optional datatypes: NCHAR, NVARCHAR, LONGNVARCHAR, NCLOB. Derby does not support the corresponding SQL datatypes. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQL!FeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
- ||XML||JDBC4 introduces this optional datatype. Derby does not support expose the SQL XML datatype through JDBC. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQLFeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||XML||JDBC4 introduces this optional datatype. Derby does not support expose the SQL XML datatype through JDBC. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQL!FeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
- ||SQLInput/SQLOutput||JDBC4 introduces these optional interfaces. Derby does not support the corresponding SQL structured and distinct datatypes. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQLFeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||SQLInput/SQLOutput||JDBC4 introduces these optional interfaces. Derby does not support the corresponding SQL structured and distinct datatypes. Therefore the corresponding JDBC4 methods will throw SQL!FeatureNotSupportedException.||Mandatory methods implemented.||
+ ||Lengthless streaming overloads || JDBC4 introduces new streaming overloads where the length of the stream does not have to be specified. The methods are named ''set-'' and ''updateXXXStream'', where XXX can be ''Ascii'', ''Binary'' or ''Character''. || ||

  10.2 will NOT comply with the following features added by JDBC4: