Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com> on 2001/05/09 20:38:29 UTC

How do you use Stateful Session Beans with SOAP?

Greetings...

I sent out an email about this before... but at the time I thought there
was a digest version of this mailing list, signed up for it per the
mailing list instructiosn and then kept waiting for the digest version
to be sent out... to see who had responded.  Haven't received one yet,
so... in any case, let me try this again.

I'm using ApacheSOAP 2.1, and was able to successfully use the EJB
example to contact a session bean on our server and get a response.
The problem is... that example is for a stateless session bean... and
I really need the features of a stateful session bean.   I want to be
able to make multiple calls to the same instance of that bean.  Does
the SOAPContext fit into here?  Is there away to carry a state back
and forth?  Does the SOAP server keep mappings between contextes and
beans used for that context?  I see that SOAP 2.1 has a
StatefulSessionProvider class... so I'm assuming there must be a way
to do this.

Any help would be great!  Thanks!