Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Alden, John" <Jo...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2003/01/16 00:00:50 UTC

SSL and BasicAuth Example

I am looking to use the http-client because of its ability to set a
timeout parameter. Can someone share an example of using http-client
with SSL and Basic Authorization? I was unable to find such an example
on the Jakarta site.

Thanks in advance.
John

Re: SSL and BasicAuth Example

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Michael Becke wrote:
> Agreed.  The part I believe that is not required (in 1.3.1 or 1.4) is
> the setting of the "java.protocol.handler.pkgs" property.  This property
> is only used by the default URLStreamHandlerFactory to handle URLs with
> the protocol of "https".
>
> Mike

Ah I get it. I wasn't aware of that. I can change this.

Re: SSL and BasicAuth Example

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
You're welcome.

I noticed the following line in the class documentation:

	You need to have JSSE on your classpath and set the System property
java.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

With the current Protocol configuration JSSE does need to be on the
classpath but the "java.protocol.handler.pkgs" property does not been
to be set.  The default HTTPS protocol class uses the
SSLSocketFactorydirectly.

Mike

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Thanks a lot!