Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Thomas Koch <th...@ruhrgebietswiki.de> on 2006/09/25 17:28:28 UTC

opentaps on debian

Hallo,

I've been trying to make friendship with opentaps half a day, but it doesn't
even likes to say a "hello" to me...

took opentaps 0.9.2 from sourceforge
using debian's free-java-sdk
after installing java-gcj-compat-dev I could do
./apt without errors
did a
java -jar ofbiz.jar -install
and then
./startofbiz.sh gives me

2006-09-25 16:57:15,871 (main) [ClassLoaderContainer.java:59 :INFO ]
CachedClassLoader created
org.objectweb.carol.jndi.registry.ManageableRegistry
   at org.objectweb.carol.jndi.ns.JRMPRegistry.start(JRMPRegistry.java:68)
   at
org.objectweb.carol.jndi.ns.NameServiceManager.startNonStartedNS(NameServiceManager.java:126)
   at
org.objectweb.carol.util.configuration.CarolConfiguration.loadCarolConfiguration(CarolConfiguration.java:423)
   at org.ofbiz.jotm.container.JotmContainer.startJotm(JotmContainer.java:85)
   at org.ofbiz.jotm.container.JotmContainer.init(JotmContainer.java:61)
   at
org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.loadContainer(ContainerLoader.java:150)
   at org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.load(ContainerLoader.java:74)
   at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.initStartLoaders(Start.java:257)
   at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.init(Start.java:96)
   at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:412)

Thanks a lot,

Thomas Koch

Re: opentaps on debian

Posted by Leon Torres <le...@oss.minimetria.com>.
Hi,

I happen to use Debian sid for development.  Most of opentaps is developed this
way. :-)

Some tips:

At the end of the day, you want the following package on your system:

leon@tiphares:~$ apt-cache search sun-j2sdk
sun-j2sdk1.4 - Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition, Sun Microsystems(TM)

I built it using the java-package program. So install that first
and do:  man make-jpkg

Use the Sun 1.4 SDK, otherwise you'll have problems.  Download it from Sun and
run make-jpkg as the man page suggests, then install the resulting sun-j2sdk1.4
deb file.

You'll want to put this in your .bash_profile:  export JAVA_HOME=/usr

My memory is a little hazy, feel free to correct these steps.

Other than this, I have virtually no issues running ofbiz on Debian, it's a fine
platform for development.

- Leon

Re: opentaps on debian

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
> but I'd rather user the free GNU alternative. I googled before trying and
> found statements, that ofbiz would work with them.

GCJ is a 'work in progress', so you should definitely consider trying
to coordinate with the GCJ guys to check and see what works and what
doesn't, as well as submitting bug reports to them when things do not
work as advertised, so that they can improve their code.  They often
find it useful to test against real systems like OFBiz to see how far
along their code is.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: opentaps on debian

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
It will not work with opentaps 0.9.x.  You can try the svn version if
you'd like--maybe the newer geronimo transaction manager is ok.  Be
warned, however, that gcj is not as advanced as the sun jvm and may
cause you problems down the road.

Si

Re: opentaps on debian

Posted by Thomas Koch <th...@ruhrgebietswiki.de>.