Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by William Marshall <wc...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/14 21:54:41 UTC

Blog Ideas/Edgent Use Cases

Hi All,

I'm writing a series of articles for the Edgent blog. The goal is to have
one, or several, use cases to be walked through step-by-step. Edgent's
strength is in reducing the amount of streaming data sent over a network,
so my current blog idea is to walk through a "smart microphone" example
where a Raspberry Pi only transmits sound if the decibel level is above a
threshold.

But that's just one idea.

I want to invite the Edgent community to comment on possible Edgent use
cases. Hopefully, these could be used as the basis for future articles/blog
posts, and can serve as a way of drawing in new developers to the project.

How can Edgent be used?

-Will

Re: Blog Ideas/Edgent Use Cases

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
> On Jun 15, 2017, at 12:02 PM, Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Or the Wiki so it is easy for folks to add new content and ideas without a PR.

Hadn’t thought of the wiki… I kinda like that more lightweight (non-PR) option!!!
Thoughts on how folks will be led to / discover that info?

Related, yesterday I was looking at the wiki and found some interesting internals/design info that I had never noticed before - or had forgotten about :-/   DEVELOPMENT.md seemed like a natural place to have a link to it but it doesn’t so not sure how someone might notice it.

It looks like the only link to the wiki might be from the Edgent landing page > Community > Wiki?
I didn’t notice anything to it on the documentation website in pulldowns along the top or on the left ???

— Dale

Re: Blog Ideas/Edgent Use Cases

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Or the Wiki so it is easy for folks to add new content and ideas without a PR.

Best,

Katherine

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Kun-Lung Wu <kw...@gmail.com>.