Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Ziemerle, Andreas" <Zi...@juris.de> on 2006/01/03 09:56:33 UTC

timeout problem

Hello,

when I sent an request with the "http Request" to a non responding
server, the "view result tree" shows after 6 minutes the following stack
trace:

java.io.IOException: Stream closed

            at java.io.BufferedInputStream.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)

            at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

            at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSam
pler.java:235)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
ava:449)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:514)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:503)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there any way to set a timeout for a http request?

In the coresponding "duration assertion"  the timeout is recognized but
the "mailer visualizer doesn't send his errror mail.

Any hints?

An other question:

What does the httpclient.timeout parameter in the properties file? Is it
possible to use this parameter for setting an http - timeout?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Andreas

Re: timeout problem

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 03/01/06, Ziemerle, Andreas <Zi...@juris.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> when I sent an request with the "http Request" to a non responding
> server, the "view result tree" shows after 6 minutes the following stack
> trace:
>

> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
>
>            at java.io.BufferedInputStream.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
>
>            at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
>
>            at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
>
>            at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSam
> pler.java:235)
>
>            at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
> ava:449)
>
>            at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
> erBase.java:514)
>
>            at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
> erBase.java:503)
>
>            at
> org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
>
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Is there any way to set a timeout for a http request?

Check the documentation for your JVM.
There may be some properties you can set.

> In the coresponding "duration assertion"  the timeout is recognized but
> the "mailer visualizer doesn't send his errror mail.
>
> Any hints?

Depends on how the mailer visualiser has been configured.

> An other question:
>
> What does the httpclient.timeout parameter in the properties file? Is it

This is for use with the HTTP Request HttpClient version.

> possible to use this parameter for setting an http - timeout?

Yes, if you use the HttpClient sampler instead.
It does not affect the default sampler.