Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gordon <go...@zareus.com> on 2003/02/28 01:16:18 UTC

[digester] xmlrules

If I have the following xmlrules and the createObject of DAOFactory
throws an exception, can I have digester continue processing the next
"dao" pattern? Currently it throws the exception and stops processing
the rest of the file.

<pattern value="dao">
  <set-properties-rule>
    <alias attr-name="name" prop-name="DAOName" />
  </set-properties-rule>
  <factory-create-rule classname="org.soa4j.dao.manager.DAOFactory"/>
  <set-next-rule methodname="addDAO" paramtype="java.lang.Object" />
  <set-properties-rule/>
  <pattern value="attributes">
    <set-properties-rule>
      <alias attr-name="name" prop-name="groupName" />
    </set-properties-rule>
    <pattern value="attribute">
      <call-method-rule methodname="setAttribute" paramcount="2" />
      <call-param-rule attrname="name" paramnumber="0" />
      <call-param-rule attrname="value" paramnumber="1" />
    </pattern>
  </pattern>
</pattern>

Gordon

Re: [digester] xmlrules

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi gordon

if you're still around, you might like to know that i've committed an
enhancement which (hopeful) does what you requested.

- robert

[sql] Sybase ddl problems

Posted by "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com>.
Having a couple of problems using sql to generate or execute Sybase ddl.

1. The first is fairly easy.  Looks like a typo in
org.apache.commons.sql.builder.SybaseBuilder at line 96 is causing a line
to be created with erroneous syntax.

println("IF EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sysobjects WHERE type ='RI' AND name=''"

at the end of the line name= should be followed by only one single quote
not two.

2. The second problem is that Sybase does not use a timestamp datatype.
This prevents one from using ddl like:

create table management
(
    time TIMESTAMP NOT NULL ,
    target VARCHAR NOT NULL ,
    status VARCHAR NOT NULL ,
    PRIMARY KEY (time, target)
);

and instead Sybase uses a datetime datatype so needs ddl like this:

create table management
(
    time datetime NOT NULL ,
    target VARCHAR NOT NULL ,
    status VARCHAR NOT NULL ,
    PRIMARY KEY (time, target)
);

Post generation editing of the ddl is really a kludge.  Any ideas?

thanks,
John
John E. Conlon
Verticon, Inc.