Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2006/09/30 10:02:30 UTC

RC4 with Postage & "release"

Hi,

Last night I ran the "release" scenario against RC4 with the current
Postage trunk.
The overall result has not changed from prev Server RCs. All test
mails were matched.

But, as you might have noticed, Postage has a new mechanism to inspect
the mails it matches called validation. In our case (the default),
this is simply comparing the in/out sizes of both the binary and
textual mime parts. So, it is not looking at headers or so, only at
the 'load' data.

Mostly they match but in 10% of the cases they don't. The sizes of the
binary mime part is greater than expected. If validation fails, its
always mail received internally and fetched with POP3, never through
SMTP.

Maybe its a bug in Postage, maybe in James, maybe not a bug at all. I
have no time to investigate more on the weekend.
So I'd like to ask if somebody can try to reproduce or give a hint
where the problem might be.
I am planning to continue working on this problem starting Monday.

 Bernd

Re: RC4 with Postage & "release"

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
works like a charm! :-)