Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by hitendrapratap <hi...@target.com> on 2017/02/02 23:00:11 UTC

Thread pool for partition aware operations

Is there any separate thread pool for partition aware operations (Affinity
Key IgniteCallable, Entry Processor)? If its there then how we can configure
it?Is there any consequences of increasing the same.

Is there any separate thread pool for normal operations like GET, PUT? If

Re: Thread pool for partition aware operations

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Anything executed on IgniteCompute API is executed in public pool (size is
configured via IgniteConfiguration.publicThreadPoolSize property), while all
cache operations including entry processor are executed in system pool
(IgniteConfiguration.publicSystemPoolSize property). Sizes for both pools
are twice number of cores by default, which is a enough for majority of
cases. Whether it's good to change or not, depends on your application.

-Val