Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Markus Sommer <so...@isb-fn.de> on 2019/04/01 06:57:59 UTC

Siemens wird Teil der Volkswagen Industrie-Cloud

https://www.automobilwoche.de/article/20190329/NACHRICHTEN/190329894/1276/integrationspartner-siemens-wird-teil-der-volkswagen-industrie-cloud?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nachrichten

Freundliche Grüße

Markus Sommer
Geschäftsführer

isb innovative software businesses GmbH
Otto-Lilienthal-Strasse 2
D - 88046 Friedrichshafen

Tel.:    +49 (0) 7541 3834-14
Mob:  +49 (0) 171 537 8437
Fax:     +49 (0) 7541 3834-20
E-Mail: sommer@isb-fn.de<ma...@isb-fn.de>
Web: www.isb-fn.de<http://www.isb-fn.de/>

Geschäftsführer: Markus Sommer, Thomas Zeler
Sitz: Friedrichshafen

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ulm HRB-Nr. 631624
Important Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain trade secrets and may well also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.
Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete his e-mail and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient please understand that you must not copy this e-mail or any attachments or disclose the contents to any other person. Thank you.
[ISB_Logo klein]

Re: Siemens wird Teil der Volkswagen Industrie-Cloud

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Yeah …

articles like this really make me sad and mad at the same time. But thanks for sharing …

I know both the MindSphere as well as the MindConnect thing (what they call Edge computing) devices and they’re … well … in my opinion … less than real solutions.
I really wonder how they want to integrate anything not produced by siemens. At least I think MindConnect only supports S7 protocol, Modbus and OPC-UA. We all know … there is more.

Probably their integration pattern is the typical: If it doesn’t work with our stuff … just replace it with our stuff.

But, as always, if Siemens just says: “We know what we’re doing” no one questions them and they just shove millions of millions of dollars to them without asking.
If I promise them the same thing, but with much higher performance, scalability, automatic failover and all with no license costs (if you want too), … they think something’s fishy and they usually get alternate quotes.
But probably all we have to do is wait … usually the things Siemens is best at is to fail at transitions like that.

Perhaps I should start selling Apache Kafka for multiple millions (would be in line with the Apache 2.0 license) … maybe this way we’ll get the industry to believe us …
and after all … a lot of the stuff in Siemens’ solutions is open-source components so that’s sort of what they are doing ;-)

Chris