Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/25 13:31:45 UTC

[OT][ALL] Eclipse Neon not saving credentials on MacOS/X

I'm currently using Eclipse Neon.2 on Mac OS/X (El Capitan)

I used to be able to save the SVN and Git passwords in my login
keychain, but that does not work any more. I think it stopped working
with Neon.

The most I can do is save the credentials for the current session,
which is quite annoying.
I now have to use the CLI, which does work from the keychain.

Does anyone else have any ideas what I can try?
I have tried clearing out the Eclipse secure storage several times.
Also tried switching SVN providers.

Re: [OT][ALL] Eclipse Neon not saving credentials on MacOS/X

Posted by Shon Vella <sv...@technologist.com>.
I'm not a recent eclipse user, but one of the most common reasons for
credentials not being saved in the keychain is an invalid application
signature. If there is anything that stores it's config in the part of the
.app directory structure that is signed then saving to the keychain will
stop working. IntelliJ IDEA used to have this issue because there were some
config files you had to edit to customize some java behaviors that were in
the signed area, but they now have a provision for overriding them in your
Library/Preferences folder. There is a way to generate a new signature on
the app, and the best instructions I can find for it are the second answer
here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/3271/how-to-get-rid-of-firewall-accept-incoming-connections-dialog

I'd recommend doing the last step before starting just to verify if the
signature is indeed bad.

-Shon

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
To follow up: