Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mike Spreitzer <ms...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/10/01 23:23:11 UTC

Having more trouble with Axis RC1&2: "Problem with servlet engine config file" & JWS doesn't work

Now that I've got RC2 passing validation, the next test fails.  Here's my
Tomcat 4.0.4 typescript:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
- Problem with servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

That last line comes out the first time (since starting Tomcat) I try to
access EchoHeaders.jws or StockQuoteService.jws in my Axis RC2 webapp
(which I have cleverly named "axis-rc2").  I am trying the access using
Netscape 4.75 (and thus HTTP GET).  Here's an example URL:
"http://localhost:8080/axis-rc2/StockQuoteService.jws".  Here is a plain
text scrape of the returned web page:

AXIS error

No service is available at this URL

Keep in mind, there is no WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd (relative to my Axis
RC2 webapp) --- RC2 does not come with one, and I did not create one.

I get this result on both Windows 2K and RedHat Linux 7.1.

Still licking my wounds from the XML parser issue, I have tried (and
gotten the same result) from using both the xerces.jar shipped with Tomcat
4.0.4 and the xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar from Xerces 2.0.2. That
is, I've tried these two as alternates to have in Tomcat's common/lib/.

Am I doing something stupid, or is this a real bug?  I see bugzilla has
old bugs regarding JWS, but they're marked FIXED.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Having more trouble with Axis RC1&2: "Problem with servlet engine config file" & JWS doesn't work

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> Now that I've got RC2 passing validation, the next test fails.  Here's my
> Tomcat 4.0.4 typescript:
>
> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
> Starting service Tomcat-Apache
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
> - Problem with servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd
>
> That last line comes out the first time (since starting Tomcat) I try to
> access EchoHeaders.jws or StockQuoteService.jws in my Axis RC2 webapp
> (which I have cleverly named "axis-rc2").  I am trying the access using
> Netscape 4.75 (and thus HTTP GET).  Here's an example URL:
> "http://localhost:8080/axis-rc2/StockQuoteService.jws".  Here is a plain
> text scrape of the returned web page:
>
> AXIS error
>
> No service is available at this URL
>
> Keep in mind, there is no WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd (relative to my Axis
> RC2 webapp) --- RC2 does not come with one, and I did not create one.

> Am I doing something stupid, or is this a real bug?  I see bugzilla has
> old bugs regarding JWS, but they're marked FIXED.

there is one outstanding, which is that you get no meaningful message on a
.jws file when you get the base method.

try http://localhost:8080/axis-rc2/StockQuoteService.jws?wsdl