Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2011/04/18 13:53:46 UTC

SVN can not revert - VISTA can not copy it

If I would be a maven developer I would make this path a bit more longer
to really see others go into problems as well as I do on my Vista PC;

Error restoring text for
'E:\asf\maven\maven-3\nb_trunk\maven-embedder\src\test\error-reporting-p
rojects\ext-plugin-artifact-missing\local-repo\org\apache\maven\errortes
t\ext-plugin-artifact-missing-maven-plugin\1\ext-plugin-artifact-missing
-maven-plugin-1.pom'

AIt looks to me as  this was never said long ago by many other
developers. :-(

I toke maven down using SVN checkout to a trunk, then I tried to just
copy it to a different directory and VISTA faild because the path is
just too long.

Josef :-(

Re: SVN can not revert - VISTA can not copy it

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

maybe try : svn revert E:\asf\maven\maven-3\nb_trunk

HTH,
--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
dir /AD /X
04/18/2011  08:49 PM    <DIR>          INSANE~1     Insane Long Folder Name

to do anything useful with this folder you'll need reference either the full name e.g.
rmdir "Insane Long Folder Name"

or reference the shortened name e.g.
rmdir INSANE~1

(or run maven in cygwin)