Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jeff Prickett <kg...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 19:47:36 UTC

JDK and Gradle Versioning issues

I noticed that the latest JDK that OFBiz works with is JDK 8. Is there a
reason why Apache Open for Business cannot run on the current JDK 13?

If someone would pick up the reins and offer to help port the build from
JDK 8 to JDK 13. Would that be welcome?

Same question for gradle with the exception that current gradle version 6.4
and OfBiz gradle version 3.2.1.

Thanks in advance
Jeff Prickett

Re: JDK and Gradle Versioning issues

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your proposition, of course that would be welcome.

We have already begun to work on Java 11 last year:

For Gradle we are using 6.3 in trunk.
We are not upgrading in release branches (hence in release packages).
Because of dependencies and our policies of only backporting bug fixes to avoid regression

BTW if you want to work on this, please rather start a thread on the dev ML: dev@ofbiz.apache.org, thanks.

Jacques