Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Yu <jo...@scioworks.com> on 2002/09/06 15:00:06 UTC

[ANN] Struts Q&A Distilled, Vol#2

"Struts Q&A Distilled" is a catalogue of question-and-answers distilled
from Struts mailing lists and other sources. The catalogue is organized in
topics. New entries are added to the catalogue periodically in batches.

Volume #2:

      http://www.scioworks.net/servlets/ShowPage?pid=34&dp=3

Covers:
Q1: It is recommended properties of the FormBeans should be String
properties. In that case, where do I do the type conversions?

Q2: How much does Struts depend on the session object and when is the
object created?

Q3: I have problem with using ActionErrors and <html:errors>. I don't see
my messages. Why?

Q4: My error messages generated by <html:errors> contain "null" at the
start and the end. What have I done wrong?

Q5: How do I prevent my form from being validated when it is displayed the
first time, if the JSP is fronted by an Action?

Q6: Struts 1.1 seems to support multiple resource bundles. How to use it?

Q7: After I replace my <input type="submit"...> to <html:submit...>, my
Javascript document.forms[0].submit() does not work anymore and returns me
"Object doesn't support this property or method". Why?

Q8: How do I configure Struts to intercept requests and perform some logic
before passing them to the controller servlet for processing?

Q9: How do I send binary data to the controller servlet? (e.g. a
Swing-based client sends serialized object to the controller servlet.)

Q10: I want to associate data with <html:check> and return the selected
value as a String property in the FormBean. But I got exception coming from
RequestUtils.populate(). Why?

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"
Copyright (c) 2002 John Yu/Scioworks Technologies. All rights reserved.