Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/03/31 20:55:37 UTC

3.3.1 extensions loader & smart builder

Has anyone had any success using the extensions.xml mechanism from 3.3.1
to load the takari smart builder?

I'm following the Jason's instructions from
http://takari.io/2015/03/19/core-extensions.html but I'm getting the
following error:

Downloading: http://REDACTED/nexus/content/groups/pub
lic/io/takari/maven/takari-smart-builder/0.4.0/takari-smart-builder-0.4.0.pom
[WARNING] Failed to read extensions descriptor
/home/carej/sandbox/sccStandalone/solutions-root/.mvn/extensions.xml:
Plugin io.takari.maven:takari-smart-builder:0.4.0 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
io.takari.maven:takari-smart-builder:jar:0.4.0

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
Advisory Software Engineer | IBM Watson Implementations Release
Engineering
carej@us.ibm.com | External: 919-543-4907 | Tie line: 441-4907

Re: 3.3.1 extensions loader & smart builder

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
Sure, you can send it to me and I can take a look.

But that example builds with mvn clean package -Dmaven.repo.local=/tmp/repo

So with an empty local repo all works as expected.

On Mar 31, 2015, at 4:34 PM, Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io> wrote on 03/31/2015 03:09:40 PM:
>
>> Make sure that if you're using a settings.xml pointing at a
>> repository manager that your pluginRepositories are configured. Core
>> extensions are loaded from plugin repositories not application
> repositories.
>>
>> On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone had any success using the extensions.xml mechanism from
>> 3.3.1 to load the takari smart builder?
>
> My settings.xml is configured almost identically to the example at
> http://books.sonatype.com/nexus-book/reference/config-maven.html#ex-maven-nexus-simple
> with the exception that I also have a <servers> section because our
> corporate repo uses authentication. I can included a redacted copy if
> necessary.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition

Re: 3.3.1 extensions loader & smart builder

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
igor@ifedorenko.com wrote on 03/31/2015 05:16:12 PM:

> Yes, it is probably a good idea to file a bug report, but I am not sure
> when I'll have time to look into this.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5795

Re: 3.3.1 extensions loader & smart builder

Posted by ig...@ifedorenko.com.
Yes, it is probably a good idea to file a bug report, but I am not sure
when I'll have time to look into this.

Igor

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
Here's an example project:

https://github.com/takari/core-extensions-example

You also want the concurrent safe local repo and you might to also have a maven.config to set the smart builder option and thread count.

On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had any success using the extensions.xml mechanism from 3.3.1 to load the takari smart builder?
>
> I'm following the Jason's instructions from http://takari.io/2015/03/19/core-extensions.html but I'm getting the following error:
>
> Downloading: http://REDACTED/nexus/content/groups/public/io/takari/maven/takari-smart-builder/0.4.0/takari-smart-builder-0.4.0.pom
> [WARNING] Failed to read extensions descriptor /home/carej/sandbox/sccStandalone/solutions-root/.mvn/extensions.xml: Plugin io.takari.maven:takari-smart-builder:0.4.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for io.takari.maven:takari-smart-builder:jar:0.4.0
> Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
> Advisory Software Engineer | IBM Watson Implementations Release Engineering
> carej@us.ibm.com | External: 919-543-4907 | Tie line: 441-4907

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl