Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ken Herner <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/12 14:32:39 UTC

SVN and Apache 2.2.3 Windows

I have been reading through and am thurally confused.  I am running at home
XAMPP, which is Apache + PHP + MySQL + about 10 other packages all configued
and set up.  Really nice because I don't have to set up Apache and MySQL and
such.  Anyway, I had read that 1.4 dosn't work with Apache 2.2.3 on Windows
because of the APR.  What do I have to do?  I heard something about a patch,
and that is it.  Thanks.

Re: SVN and Apache 2.2.3 Windows

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/12/06, Ken Herner <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been reading through and am thurally confused.  I am running at home
> XAMPP, which is Apache + PHP + MySQL + about 10 other packages all configued
> and set up.  Really nice because I don't have to set up Apache and MySQL and
> such.  Anyway, I had read that 1.4 dosn't work with Apache 2.2.3 on Windows
> because of the APR.  What do I have to do?  I heard something about a patch,
> and that is it.

At the moment in order to use Subversion with Apache 2.2 on Windows
you have to build Apache 2.2 with a version of APR checked out from
svn.apache.org, since the bug fix that makes things not work hasn't
yet made it into a released version.  Then you have to actually build
Subversion on windows against that version of Apache/APR/APR-Util/etc,
because the binaries we distribute are built against older versions,
and they're not binary compatible.

-garrett