Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jörn Gebhardt <Jo...@ptv.de> on 2004/03/16 16:25:12 UTC

AW: ENTITY resolving difference between Win XP and Win 2000

> What is the base URI of your document? I would guess that it looks
> something like 'file://C:/file.xml' (in which case you probably meant
> 'file:///C:/file.xml') or 'file://somehost/C:/file.xml', which would
> explain why it's trying to fetch the entity over FTP.

How do I know what the base URI of my document is?
The project.xml file that contains this section:

  <!DOCTYPE dependencies [
    <!ENTITY ProductDependencies SYSTEM "../product-dep.xml">
  ]>

lies in a directory on my disk under D:\projects\myproject and the file
'product-dep.xml' to be included lies in D:\projects.

Joern