Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2023/06/14 06:07:11 UTC

Update the S7 driver to only say "subscriptions supported" for S7 devices that actually support it?

Hi,

Again, a user seems to have been mis-led by “plcConnection.getMetadata().canSubscribe()”.
I think we need to return a different value here based on the detected S7 version (Or the one the user provided).

Chris

Re: Update the S7 driver to only say "subscriptions supported" for S7 devices that actually support it?

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.
+1 , yes indeed it seems obviously misleading.