Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ramya S <ra...@suntecgroup.com> on 2013/06/25 09:40:00 UTC

Error:java heap size

Hi,

I am using hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0 version (YARN) and when i tried to run a MR job(6gb file) i got yhe following error:

ERROR: java heap size

Plese give me a solution to solve this...

Ramya

RE: Error:java heap size

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
As you described in the below MR Job uses 6 GB file, how many tasks are there in this Job and how much is the i/p for each task?

Is there any chance of holding more data by tasks in-memory, could you check your map function why it is not able to run with 2GB memory.

Could you also check those failing task log files, you will get more idea who is causing the problem.

Thanks
Devaraj k

________________________________

RE: Error:java heap size