Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shekhar Bhati <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/21 17:45:48 UTC

Issues regarding Rhino script .(Submit method not working)

Hi All,

I am stucked in a issue which is related to Rhino script.

I am trying to reload my form from one of my js.
I have binded "parent" object with one of my class object.
when I put an alert on parent or parent.parent, it gives null but when i put
alert on parent.name then I get appropriate values.

My main problec is that I am getting my form object with the following line
of code :
parent.parent.document.frames["abc"].forms[0] , I get the proper form value
but now my task is to fire submit() command on this form object , which is
giving error that submit is not a function , may be i have to define this in
my class which I have binded with the "parent" object.

I am badly stucked . Anyone have any clue about this?

Thanks ,
Shekhar

Re: Issues regarding Rhino script .(Submit method not working)

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Shekhar,

Shekhar Bhati <sh...@gmail.com> wrote on 05/22/2009 02:41:31 AM:

> I am stucked in a issue which is related to Rhino script.
>
> I am trying to reload my form from one of my js.

   If I understand correctly your problem has little
or nothing to do with Rhino, JS, or Batik at this point.
Your real question is:

"how do I get the browser to submit an HTML form from an applet?"

   Correct?  If so I doubt anyone here is likely to know.
Most users of Batik use it in an application.   Most people
who use SVG use 'DHTML' type techniques to post data back
to the server rather than HTML forms.

> I have binded "parent" object with one of my class object.
> when I put an alert on parent or parent.parent, it gives null but
> when i put alert on parent.name then I get appropriate values.

   What does "put an alert on parent" mean?  Are you calling alert
with those values?  A little snippet of code could go a long way here.

> My main problec is that I am getting my form object with the
> following line of code :
> parent.parent.document.frames["abc"].forms[0] , I get the proper
> form value

   I have a hard time seeing how parent can be null, and
parent.parent can be null and yet the above line would work.
So you are likely missing something important.

>  but now my task is to fire submit() command on this form
> object , which is giving error that submit is not a function , may
> be i have to define this in my class which I have binded with the
> "parent" object.

    If you know the JavaScript calls are getting directed to
Java Methods on an object which you control then you just need
to figure out how to make a browser submit a form in another
frame from an apple, but I don't know anything about that.

    I think you need to start looking for help in other
places as the old joke goes there may be good light here
but what you are looking for is a block away, so looking
here just because there is light (people willing to answer
questions) isn't going to help since the people here don't
know anything about your core problem.

Issues regarding Rhino script .(Submit method not working)

Posted by Shekhar Bhati <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I am stucked in a issue which is related to Rhino script.

I am trying to reload my form from one of my js.
I have binded "parent" object with one of my class object.
when I put an alert on parent or parent.parent, it gives null but when i put
alert on parent.name then I get appropriate values.

My main problec is that I am getting my form object with the following line
of code :
parent.parent.document.frames["abc"].forms[0] , I get the proper form value
but now my task is to fire submit() command on this form object , which is
giving error that submit is not a function , may be i have to define this in
my class which I have binded with the "parent" object.

I am badly stucked . Anyone have any clue about this?
Helder: I am sorry to put you in CC but it was really really urgent.

Thanks ,
Shekhar