Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Raphael Langerhorst <ra...@gmx.at> on 2003/09/07 12:00:33 UTC

RA layer request failed

Hello!

Sorry, if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find an issue for
this in Issuezilla.

My Subversion server is version 0.26 (Linux SuSE 8.2) and I have a couple of
clients that use either 0.26 or 0.27.

0.26 works fine, so does 0.27

Except there is one with client version 0.27 (Win2k) that constantly gets:

RA layer request failed, PROBFIND requerst faild on 'G/trunk/' , PRORBFIND of
'/G/trunk' could not connect to server <http://[IP-ADDRESS]/>

when checking out the project.

Is this a known issue? What can we do to get it working. Note that two other
clients (0.27 with WinXP and 0.26 with ROCK Linux 2.0.0rc1) work fine.

Thanks for your help,
Raphael

Re: RA layer request failed

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Raphael Langerhorst <ra...@gmx.at> writes:

> RA layer request failed, PROBFIND requerst faild on 'G/trunk/' , PRORBFIND of
> '/G/trunk' could not connect to server <http://[IP-ADDRESS]/>

Could not connect to server?  It sounds like a DNS or TCP/IP
problem....

Re: RA layer request failed

Posted by e....@gmx.net.
Hi!

Normally it should not matter if subversion is run behind a proxy or not.
The
proxy should be configured to proxy WebDAV commands though (REPORT,
PROPFIND, and friends). If the proxy does not do that (or incorrectly caches
data) subversion cannot be used over http. You could use https or svn:// or
(if authorisation is required) ssh+svn:// schemas to access the repository.

bye,

Erik.

Re: RA layer request failed

Posted by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>.
On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 03:49:10PM +0000, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Am Sonntag, 7. September 2003 12:51 schrieben Sie:
[snip]
> > Looks like some sort of networking problem?  Is there a proxy
> > between the Windows box and the server?
>
> I'll ask.... he doesn't know if there is a proxy in between. But there
> is no proxy in front of the server for sure.
>
> Is it a problem for subversion, if a proxy is used on the client side?

Not if the proxy is working properly.  I don't know what the problem is.
Just trying to point out parts of the system that could possibly be
causing the problem.

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>

Re: RA layer request failed