Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Julio Carlos Barrera Juez <ju...@i2cat.net> on 2013/11/14 10:19:30 UTC

Session variables containing paths in Windows

Hi!

I was using Karaf in a quite old fashioned version 2.2.2 and I have
recently updated to version 2.2.11. With Linux I have no problems, but with
Windows I'm experiencing weird problems using session variables in Karaf
CLI.

Defining a session variable containing a path like:

    scripts.path=C:\\data

I get with Karaf 2.2.2:

    C:\data

And with Karaf 2.2.11:

    C:data

It seems like the previous escaped paths are now lost. Is there a way to
use paths inside session variables in Windows?

I have just realized that in Karaf 2.2.11 it is necessary to double escape
each slash:

scripts.path=C:\\\\data

    C:\data

Is this behaviour a bug? Should I report it?

[image: i2cat]
Julio C. Barrera Juez
Office phone: +34 93 357 99 27
Distributed Applications and Networks Area (DANA)
i2CAT Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
http://dana.i2cat.net

Re: Session variables containing paths in Windows

Posted by Julio Carlos Barrera Juez <ju...@i2cat.net>.
I have just created an issue in Karaf JIRA:

[image: i2cat]
Julio C. Barrera Juez
Office phone: +34 93 357 99 27
Distributed Applications and Networks Area (DANA)
i2CAT Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
http://dana.i2cat.net

Posted by Julio Carlos Barrera Juez <ju...@i2cat.net>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.