Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch> on 2019/12/13 14:49:17 UTC

Re: Replace VR

(Resend, accidentally sent it to Andrija instead of the list)

Hi,
You can experiment with Dedicating a host to the customer. I can't advise
(from top of my head) if also the customer's VR will be created there (but
you can do one-time live migrate if needed to that host) - all customer VMs
will be created on this host while there are free resources there.
Make sure you disable RDS on your VMware cluster, or your instances might get migrated away when the host is under load.

Also, about your firewall problem: We have a customer that does exactly what Andrija suggested, operating a VPN gateway behind the VR. But since you mentioned max-hops (not quite sure why that would be a problem) - there may be another solution:
You could build a custom VR image that runs the Barracuda software alongside the other VR components.