Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "kiran.bodigam" <ki...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/27 09:01:23 UTC

Why Jboss server is stopped due to SOLR

I am trying to connect the SOLR with Java code using URLConnection, i have
deployed solr war file in jboss server(assuming server machine in some other
location or remote) its working fine if no exception raises... but if any
exception raises in server like connection failure its stopping the jboss
client(assuming client machine) where my Java code resides.

11:49:38,345 INFO  [STDOUT] [2011-10-27 11:49:38.345] class =
com.dstsystems.adc.efs.rs.util.SimplePost,method = fatal(),level = SEVERE:
,message = Connection error (is Solr running at
http://xx.yy.zzz:8080/solr/update ?): java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect
11:49:38,361 INFO  [Server] Runtime shutdown hook called, forceHalt: true
11:49:38,376 INFO  [Server] JBoss SHUTDOWN: Undeploying all packages
11:49:48,018 INFO  [TransactionManagerService] Stopping recovery manager
11:49:48,128 INFO  [Server] Shutdown complete
Shutdown complete..

Re: Why Jboss server is stopped due to SOLR

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am trying to connect the SOLR with Java code using URLConnection, i have
: deployed solr war file in jboss server(assuming server machine in some other
: location or remote) its working fine if no exception raises... but if any
: exception raises in server like connection failure its stopping the jboss
: client(assuming client machine) where my Java code resides.
:
:
: 11:49:38,345 INFO  [STDOUT] [2011-10-27 11:49:38.345] class =
: com.dstsystems.adc.efs.rs.util.SimplePost,method = fatal(),level = SEVERE:
: ,message = Connection error (is Solr running at
: http://xx.yy.zzz:8080/solr/update ?): java.net.ConnectException: Connection
: refused: connect

By the looks of that exception, I'm guessing that "SimplePost" class is
your own renamed/repackaged version of the "SimplePostTool" class from
Solr, which has a "fatal" method thta calls System.exit -- because
SimplePostTool is a simple little command line tool for posting files.
it is not remotely intended/suggested for embedding in other java
applications.

if you have a java app that you'd like to use to talk to Solr, you should
use SolrJ.

: 11:49:38,361 INFO  [Server] Runtime shutdown hook called, forceHalt: true
: 11:49:38,376 INFO  [Server] JBoss SHUTDOWN: Undeploying all packages
: 11:49:48,018 INFO  [TransactionManagerService] Stopping recovery manager
: 11:49:48,128 INFO  [Server] Shutdown complete
: Shutdown complete..
:
: --
: Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

-Hoss