Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by lc...@seelink.org on 2004/07/02 19:07:30 UTC

Help installing linux 9.0 version

Hello:

I'm a java developer that has just started working in Linux.  I want to install
subversion on my webhosting account on a virtual server running redhat v.9.

Can someone give me a road map on how to do this.  I read about the RPM and
found those files on the subversion web site but then I have no idea what files
to download and I can't find any documentation to help.

My intention was to use my windows desktop to download and ftp the RPM up to the
linux server and then install from there.

I could use some coaching please.

lee

Re: Help installing linux 9.0 version

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 lchalupa@seelink.org wrote:

> I'm a java developer that has just started working in Linux.  I want to install
> subversion on my webhosting account on a virtual server running redhat v.9.
>
> Can someone give me a road map on how to do this.  I read about the RPM and
> found those files on the subversion web site but then I have no idea what files
> to download and I can't find any documentation to help.
>
> My intention was to use my windows desktop to download and ftp the RPM up to the
> linux server and then install from there.
>
> I could use some coaching please.

See the email I just posted seconds ago.

Additionally, if you want to use Subversion via Apache then you would want
to replace the RH9 httpd package with the package from my site and also
install the subversion-server package.

My current servers that I use are Redhat 9 and WhiteBox Enterprise Linux
3.

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt