Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by G....@lrcb.umcn.nl on 2006/08/22 14:15:45 UTC

Does
Hoi Forresters,

I've tried to build our static site using forrest 0.7 but get a validation error. The validation process complains about the body-tag in the index.html file that's in the href of the a-tag!

I use <a class="fork" href="index.html">Link</a> to display the file in a seperate window.

What might be wrong!? Can anybody give a hint! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Verhaag, G.C.H.M.,

RE: Does Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
Ignore that sorry, must be thinking of something else, I will remember it
one day.

Gav...

Re: Does Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:
> >From: G.Verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl
>
> >Hoi Forresters,
> >I've tried to build our static site using forrest 0.7 but get a validation
> error. The validation process
>
> Which Validation process, an external one like W3C or forrest internal one ?
>
> >complains about the body-tag in the index.html file that's in the href of
> the a-tag!
> >I use <a class="fork" href="index.html">Link</a> to display the file in a
> seperate window.
>
> That looks correct - correct for a source XML file that is, your not trying
> to put that in
> An output HTML doc are you ?

As Gavin says, you must use a source XML file to enable that.
If you are using html as the source, then perhaps you can use the
old <a target="_blank" href="... stuff.

> >What might be wrong!? Can anybody give a hint! Thanks in advance!
>
> Ok, a bit more info, is this a normal .xml source doc and does it use the
> document-v20 DTD ?
> There are some types of file, such as a how-to doc that does not us
> document-v20.

Yes it does. These use the howto-v20 which uses the document-v20.

> I guess you have looked at
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html#link-class

Yes. G.Verhaag that works for us. However we use the current
trunk (forrest-0.8-dev) and xdoc sources for our site.

This was recently fixed in the forrest-0.7 branch:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/changes.html#version_0.7.1-dev

You would need to use the SVN branch to get that change.
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/forrest_07_branch forrest-07

Alternatively follow the link to Issue FOR-824 from the
"Changes" page, the follow the link to "Subversion Commits"
and apply the second set of changes (r398541) to your
release of Forrest and rebuild it.

-David