Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/27 01:16:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1139837 - /commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/

On 26 June 2011 18:02,  <er...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: erans
> Date: Sun Jun 26 17:02:20 2011
> New Revision: 1139837

> Log:
> MATH-599
> Name change to avoid test failure on the automated build system ("gump").

Actually, the failure is nothing to do with Gump per se.
The test fails with Ant, because JUnit does not like abstract files.

Re: svn commit: r1139837 - /commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27 June 2011 22:31, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 June 2011 11:13, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

>>> Actually, the failure is nothing to do with Gump per se.
>>> The test fails with Ant, because JUnit does not like abstract files.
>>
>> This why the test failed. But the reason for the change was that two
>> standard tool suites ("maven" vs "gump") did not provide the same result.
>> Of course I didn't mean that there was a bug in "gump", but that gump
>> reported failure while maven did not.
>
> You might as well say that Continuum did not report failure, but Gump did.
>
> Gump can use either Ant or Maven, so the message is misleading.

Also, the fix works for stand-alone Ant, which is more to the point.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.