Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com> on 2023/04/17 07:33:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Formalize how to change format

Hi,

How about adding a document how to change format?

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/35174

This is based on the following discussion:

  [DISCUSS] Format changes: process and requirements
  https://lists.apache.org/thread/9t0pglrvxjhrt4r4xcsc1zmgmbtr8pxj

If you have any comments, please share them on the pull
request or here.

There was a related discussion about "reference implementations":

  [DISCUSS] Updating what are considered reference implementations?
  https://lists.apache.org/thread/lhj8sd736xtyrcdcq455y8w3bsljpw9b

In the pull request, I list only C++ and Java for reference
implementation candidate list. But this discussion pointed
out that we used C++ and Go for reference implementations
recently. Can we add Go to the reference implementation
candidate list? Can we also add more implementations such as
Rust to the list?

kou

Re: [DISCUSS] Formalize how to change format

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

It seems that we have no more comments for this.
I'll start a vote for this.

kou

In <20...@clear-code.com>

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.