Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 22:44:35 UTC

Re: Database transaction updating more than 1 table from CacheStore

Hi Binti,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

bintisepaha wrote
> We have a use case where multiple database tables/caches need to updated
> within a transaction, on the cluster side I can achieve this using
> IgniteTransactions. But I want to do the same while its going to the DB
> Store using write-behind. Seems like CacheStoreSession is something I
> should be using, but I could not find examples that wrote to 2 tables
> together in a transaction. Does ignite have some way to chain this when
> writing to the database or does this have to be a custom cacheStore
> implementation?
>
> table A -> cache A
> table B -> cache B
>
> But when A is updated, B is always updated (ignite transaction). How can
> write-behind achieve this?

This is possible only with write-through with the help of cache store
session listeners. See store example [1] on how it is used.

With write-behind database is updated asynchronously, so the DB updates are
independent and can't be enlisted in a single DB transaction.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/store/jdbc/CacheJdbcStoreExample.java