Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Kiran <GK...@GMAIL.COM> on 2018/09/11 08:52:15 UTC

Zookeeper3.4.12 c client compilation issues on HPUX environment

Hi,
I have extracted zookeeper-3.4.12 tar and then ran ./configure
--without-cppunit.
Then ran "make" command.

Getting below error with make.But aclocal-1.15 is installed in the
machine.Running "aclocal --version" gives the location where it is
installed.

bash-4.3$ make
        CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh
/scratch/zookeeperhp/zookeeper-3.4.12/src/c/missing aclocal-1.15
/scratch/zookeeperhp/zookeeper-3.4.12/src/c/missing[81]: aclocal-1.15:  not
found.
WARNING: 'aclocal-1.15' is missing on your system.
         You should only need it if you modified 'acinclude.m4' or
         'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
         The 'aclocal' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
         It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
         <http://www.perl.org/>
*** Error exit code 127

Then based on the documentation of zookeeper tried running "autoreconf
-if".With this command getting below error.

configure.ac:37: warning: macro 'AM_PATH_CPPUNIT' not found in library
configure.ac:37: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

So I have inactivated 'AM_PATH_CPPUNIT' in configure.ac to get rid of this
error.Now error is as below.But libtool is already installed in the machine.

bash-4.3$ autoreconf -if
configure.ac:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

Please let us know what chanegs need to be done to get libraries for hpux.

--
Sent from: http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Zookeeper3.4.12 c client compilation issues on HPUX environment

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
The libtool package typically (e.g. centos and most linux distros based on
similar) has a macro directory under /usr/share/aclocal. Check if macros
came with your libtool package. If not you'll need to hardcode use of
libtool rather than relying on autotools finding/configuring it for you. It
the macros are there it may just be a matter of configuration when running
autoreconf.

Patrick