Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kelly Geraghty <ke...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/02 06:01:40 UTC

adding a new user to subversion repository

<DIV class=RTE>How do I add a new user to the respository?</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>thanks</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Kelly</DIV></div></html>

Re: adding a new user to subversion repository

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@comdasys.com>.
On Thursday 02 March 2006 07:01, Kelly Geraghty wrote:
> Hi,
> How do I add a new user to the respository?

That depends on how you set your repository up. Do you use svnserve (svn://),
SSH (svn+ssh://) or Apache/WebDAV (http:// or https://) ?

BTW, I recommend you read the SubVersion book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/index.html

This should answer most of your questions.

> thanks
> Kelly

C'ya,
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko
Comdasys AG

Rüdesheimer Straße 7
D-80686 München
Tel:   +49 (0)89 - 548 43 33 0
Fax:   +49 (0)89 - 548 43 33 29
e-mail: haisenko@comdasys.com
http://www.comdasys.com

Re: adding a new user to subversion repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 2, 2006, at 07:01, Kelly Geraghty wrote:

> How do I add a new user to the respository?

It all depends on what server you're using and how you set up your
authentication. If you're using svnserve, then you add the new user
and their password to the user/password file. If you're using Apache,
you have to discover which of the several authentication mechanisms
you use, and update it accordingly. For example, if you use Apache
with LDAP authentication, then you add the user and their password to
your LDAP server, using whatever tool you usually use for that job.