Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomeu BennĂ ssar <to...@ipc4.uib.es> on 2001/06/13 15:13:23 UTC

Problem with mod_jk

Hi:
    I'm trying to connect Apache 1.3.4 with Tomcat 3.2.2 using mod_jk
but I can't do it. I have configured the mod_jk as it is explanied in
mod_jk-howto but when I try to restart the Apache server the next error
comes out:

Syntax error on line 8 of
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

on line 8 of mod_jk.conf-auto file I have the next: LoadModule jk_module
libexec/mod_jk.so

I don't know how to solve it. Could anyone help me, please?

Thanks
Tomeu

Trouble execute jsp on Tomcat 3.2.2

Posted by ho...@bigbadwolf.org.
Hello Everyone,

I've got Tomcat 3.2.2 setup on Mandrake 8.0 running Apache 1.3.19. I've
installed mod_jk.

It seems that I can run servlets on Tomcat in standalone and via Apache,
but I can't seem to run the JSP examples from either.

I am getting the following error:

Not found (404)

Original request: /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp

Not foun request: /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp

Any ideas? Again the servlets seem to work just fine.

Thanks

John Brosan

Re: Problem with mod_jk

Posted by tito santini <ti...@netikos.com>.
Hi,
I have had the same problem, with Apache 1.3.20 and Tomcat 3.2.2.
I recompiled Apache with "DSO support" and the error disappeared.

Hope this hint may help you.

Tito Santini

NETikos S.p.A.
Via Matteucci, 34 B