Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Euan Guttridge <EG...@buildonline.com> on 2002/12/13 16:50:00 UTC

notification of failed javac

Is there a way to send an email *if* a [javac] compile fails?

One way I can think of is to set the failonerror="false" property and then
use an "if" clause on the next task - but I can't work out how to set the
property in the javac task *if* it fails...

Thanks

Re: notification of failed javac

Posted by Dale Anson <da...@germane-software.com>.
Check out the "Try" task that is distributed with Antelope
(http://antelope.sourceforge.net). It lets you do things like:

<try>
    <javac .../>
    <catch>