Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2004/05/17 09:58:12 UTC

[jelly] new build with Maven

I built jelly from CVS and replaced the one maven uses with the generated
jar, and there's only one failing test case.

This was without replacing dom4j.

If we can fix that one test case, we can look at the differences between
the new jar and Maven's and work out what the benefit is to moving to the
new one and dom4j 1.5.

How does that sound?

I'd also like to push for a beta release of Jelly soon.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: [jelly] new build with Maven

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 21 May 2004 12:06:08 +0300, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:

> On 17-May-04, at 09:58 Uhr, dion_gillard@multitask.com.au wrote:
>
> > I built jelly from CVS and replaced the one maven uses with the
> > generated
> > jar, and there's only one failing test case.
>
> Which one ?
I'll dig it up and recreate the issue with Maven 1.0-rc3

> > This was without replacing dom4j.
> Maybe was the difference.

I'll do both.

> Sure... I hope I'll be able to commit my little changes which make me
> build fine. Mostly dependency management.
Sounds good.

> > I'd also like to push for a beta release of Jelly soon.
>
> I think everyone would like to have this but... do people have enough
> time?
> Unless we can split/distribute responsabilities, I don't think I can do
> it.
> A good thing would be, for example, to restrict the release on a (very)
> limited set of projects and sub-projects. I would be willing to babysit
> the swing, xml, log, util and beanshell tag-libs, maybe a bit more
> (e.g. ant, bsf, fmt, http), also maybe the core.

I'm willing to help here too.

I'd like to get the beanutils patch in as well before we do it.

I think we can do releases on the taglibs before the core.

--
dIon

Re: [jelly] new build with Maven

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
On 17-May-04, at 09:58 Uhr, dion_gillard@multitask.com.au wrote:

> I built jelly from CVS and replaced the one maven uses with the
> generated
> jar, and there's only one failing test case.

Which one ?
I seem to be reaching problem free building with my corrected
dependencies and maven current cvs snapshot.

> This was without replacing dom4j.
Maybe was the difference.
> If we can fix that one test case, we can look at the differences
> between  the new jar and Maven's and work out what the benefit is to
> moving to the  new one and dom4j 1.5.
>
> How does that sound?

Sure... I hope I'll be able to commit my little changes which make me
build fine. Mostly dependency management.

> I'd also like to push for a beta release of Jelly soon.

I think everyone would like to have this but... do people have enough
time?
Unless we can split/distribute responsabilities, I don't think I can do
it.
A good thing would be, for example, to restrict the release on a (very)
limited set of projects and sub-projects. I would be willing to babysit
the swing, xml, log, util and beanshell tag-libs, maybe a bit more
(e.g. ant, bsf, fmt, http), also maybe the core.

Could Jelly interested speak more about their interests.
I think we should release those things that we know the usages of and I
wouldn't be entirely bothered to drop a few things out of the
release... at least at first shot.

paul