Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Boyle <jb...@harbornet.com> on 2012/02/27 00:12:49 UTC

Request for information

To all: Can you tell me when the next version of OpenOffice Org,
probably should be called Apache OpenOffice org, will come out of beta
and be ready to use?:-\

RE: Request for information

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
There is no beta at this point.  Apache OpenOffice 3.4 is working towards release candidates at this time.  There is no set date for when a stable release will be declared.

An easy way to watch for release announcements is to subscribe to the ooo-announce
list.  To subscribe to that list, send an email to ooo-announce-subscribe@incubator.apache.org.

This may be an useful way to learn of other aspects of the development of Apache OpenOffice and also support for the OpenOffice-lineage community (restoration of availability for extensions and templates, etc.).

 - Dennis