Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wei Xu <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/09 04:35:54 UTC

[S2] Wildcard characters in Action-validation.xml

I plan to use Struts validation frame to validate my input fields. I want to
konw if there is a way to use wildcard characters such as "*?" in my
validtion.xml.

For instance:

<validator type="stringlength">
    <param name="fieldName">My*Book</param>
    <param name="maxLength">1</param>
    <param name="trim">true</param>
    <message>
        <![CDATA[The book name must be a single character]]>
    </message>
</validator>

Here, this fieldName could be "MyOldBook", "MyNewBook", "MyBook" etc.

I never see this style configuration, and it DOES NOT work yet. Is there any
way to make Struts work in this way?

Re: [S2] Wildcard characters in Action-validation.xml

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Nope, it currently isn't supported, although it is a great idea.  I
think there may be a JIRA ticket already for it, but if you can't find
any, please create one.  Of course, patches are very appreciated :)

Don