Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/26 15:19:18 UTC

HIVEMIND-137

Anyone got an opinion on this one?
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVEMIND-137. I think it's an
excellent idea. I have an implementation ready for this, but I'd like
to get a few more opinions on this before I commit it. Note that this
is a backwards compatible change.

As a further step we could then also deprecate or even remove the
configuration of default values in the translators. Is this feature
even being used?

--knut

Re: HIVEMIND-137

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

On 9/26/05, Chris Burnley <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think option 2 (adding default attribute to "attribute" element) is
> better, because of the reason you mentioned  and you could effectively kill
> 2 birds by not needing to implement HIVEMIND-150 ( which I raised recently
> ).

I see what you mean. You would define an <attribute> with a default
value and a <read-attribute> rule instead of using the <set-property>
rule. This would of course work, but unless you want a contribution to
be able to override the default value of this property I think it
would be the wrong solution.

So in summary I still think that HIVEMIND-150 is valid.

--knut

Re: HIVEMIND-137

Posted by Chris Burnley <ch...@gmail.com>.