Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by cem <ca...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/11 01:02:41 UTC

2 nodes cassandra cluster raid10 or JBOD

Hi all,

I need to setup 2 nodes Cassandra cluster. I know that Datastax recommends
using JBOD as a disk configuration and have replication for the redundancy.
I was planning to use RAID 10 but using JBOD can save 50% disk space and
increase the performance . But I am not sure I should use JBOD with 2 nodes
cluster since there is a higher chance to lose 50% of our cluster compare
to a larger cluster. I may prefer to have stronger nodes if I have limited
number of nodes.

What do you think about that? Is there anyone who has 2 nodes cluster?

Best Regards,

Cem

Re: 2 nodes cassandra cluster raid10 or JBOD

Posted by cem <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Veysel Taşçıoğlu <ve...@gmail.com>.