Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cesar Bonadio <bo...@picture.com.br> on 2003/03/06 22:25:05 UTC

Mailet processing order

Hello

I am writing an anti-spam mailet and I have a question about the processing order of the Mailets
if I correct understood the docs the mailet code is processed after the message is complete received
Envelope recipients and body, Am I correct?

If the above is correct, and my mailet try to block messages from a specific IP address
I will only be able to block the message after receiving the full message. Am I correct?

In this situation, is there any way to execute a mailet before the full message is received?

The idea is to have some mailet that is able to identify some bad messages before receiving
the full message, like IP address without reverse DNS record, this way we could save a lot of
bandwith.

maybe some pre-mailet?

Thanks for any help

[]s

RE: Mailet processing order

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Cesar,

No.  I had proposed something last summer, but I haven't had time to work on
it.  Peter Goldstein has done some work on it, and I just received a drop of
his code.  If I get a chance on the weekend, I'll try to post up some of his
extensions.  That will all occur in james-dev, not here.

Today, you can block messages based upon DNSRBL and those other
characteristics, but only after they have been transfered.

	--- Noel

RE: Mailet processing order

Re: Mailet processing order

Posted by Cesar Bonadio <bo...@picture.com.br>.

RE: Mailet processing order

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> the mailet code is processed after the message is complete
> received

Correct.

> I will only be able to block the message after receiving
> the full message.

Correct.

> is there any way to execute a mailet before the full
> message is received?

No.