Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2023/03/01 11:57:32 UTC

Re: Support DDL and DML for kylin5

Hi Yang,

This is cool. Currently Kylin only sync the table metadata from Hive
metastore, which increases the complexity for the user. This proposal will
make it easier I think.

A quick question: if support this feature, will Kylin write back the schema
info to Hive? Thank you!

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC,
Apache Incubator PMC,
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

Jiang, Yang <ya...@ebay.com.invalid> 于2023年2月28日周二 14:06写道:

Posted by Xiaoxiang Yu <xx...@apache.org>.
Thanks for reply. My workmates and I think it is a good feature. And I have another two questions.

1. I think it(KYLIN-5466) is not a small task, will you divide it into some small tasks(or PRs) in your ticket? Will you set ETA for this feature ?
2. Have you decided how to impelment your new feature? Will you provided some technical detail in your google doc?

Thx.

--

Best wishes to you !
From :Xiaoxiang Yu

Posted by Yang Jiang <ya...@apache.org>.
Hi Xiaoxiang:

From :Xiaoxiang Yu

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
I see; it doesn't operate the table schema metadata, just the Kylin
metadata like model, index, job, etc.

Yang Jiang <ya...@apache.org> 于2023年3月2日周四 09:25写道:

Posted by Yang Jiang <ya...@apache.org>.
Hi Shaofeng: