Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/01/07 18:39:53 UTC

Re: Testing remote server

Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > Was 'foo' supposed to be a vhost on the current system, or
> > was it supposed to be able to be a remote system?  The
> > latter is my goal (testing things like DAV on Win32 bites
> > the Harry Houdini..).
>
> the latter.

In that case, would anyone object if I occasionally modify tests
that currently frob .htaccess files so that they use static
settings (such as separate directories or <Files> containers)
in the t/htdocs/ tree?
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Testing remote server

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> it does run (and fails) with 2.0.

The question is "why"?  Why doesn't it get a 500 when it
encounters a bogus line in the .htaccess file?  I haven't
verified it yet; what does the first request say with -v or
-d lwp?
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Testing remote server

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> That test shouldn't even *run* for 2.0; it should get a 500
> and skip.

it does run (and fails) with 2.0.  i just changed it to require apache
1.x for the moment, which i just realized isn't good enough.  should
probably be something like:

my $config = Apache::Test::config();
plan tests => $testcount, sub {
     have_apache(1) && $config->{httpd_info}->{MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER} ...
};

Re: Testing remote server

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> if you don't need the config object, you could have Makefile.PL
> generate this stuff (like the etags stuff you checked in).  and just add
> the top-level directory of the generated tree here:
>     clean => { FILES => "@scripts @other_generated_stuff" },
>
> otherwise would much rather make adjustments so we don't need
> to maintain a bazillion tiny static files in cvs.

Heh, didn't even realise that was possible or reasonable.  I'll
look into it..

Re: Testing remote server

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> In that case, would anyone object if I occasionally modify tests
> that currently frob .htaccess files so that they use static
> settings (such as separate directories or <Files> containers)
> in the t/htdocs/ tree?

if you don't need the config object, you could have Makefile.PL
generate this stuff (like the etags stuff you checked in).  and just add
the top-level directory of the generated tree here:
    clean => { FILES => "@scripts @other_generated_stuff" },

otherwise would much rather make adjustments so we don't need
to maintain a bazillion tiny static files in cvs.

p.s.

most of the etags tests fail, is that expected?