Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by BlueDragon <sh...@synchronoss.com> on 2016/02/01 08:28:18 UTC

Re: After failover, earlier messages are lost

I did make sure of persistence both in XML and while sending message
[producer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT)].

Its still getting lost after fail-over.

And I observed one more thing, after the fail-over, if I stop the active
broker it does not connect back to reinstated broker.
Flow:
Before failover1
App    (connects to) --->BrokerA  [BrokerB active but slave]
I restart BrokerA
After failover1
App    (connects to) --->BrokerB  [BrokerA is back but as slave]
I restart BrokerB this time
Failover 2
App    (does not connect) -----X     [Though BrokerA is active at this time,
it does not recognize]

Please guide me on how to resolve this.

Thank you very much for the reply...

Re: After failover, earlier messages are lost

Posted by "crishel.yumul" <cr...@toro.io>.
Hi, are you using queues or topic destination? I'm also experiencing it right
now. I'm using topics.

Re: After failover, earlier messages are lost

Posted by BlueDragon <sh...@synchronoss.com>.
Issue is now resolved!!

I just deleted the shared folder's data and tried again. It worked!!
I'm not sure what was causing the issue though.

I'll look more on "master not getting recognized after a failover" issue and
post my findings.

@Tim: Thanks a lot for replying.

Re: After failover, earlier messages are lost

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
The persistence I'm referring to can only be set when the message is sent,
so your setDeliveryMode() call is what matters, and the XML setting
shouldn't matter.

Can you confirm that when you send your messages, they go to LevelDB and
are stored?

Also, you've never said whether this is queues or topics, durable or
non-durable subscriptions, etc., and one of those combinations (non-durable
topic subscriptions) are not expected to have messages after a failover.
Can you describe your scenario in a little more detail?

The behavior of being unable to fail over to A after the steps you listed
is unexpected, and makes me think A isn't starting properly after the
restart.  Does the app connect if you restart the app, just not if the app
stays up the whole time?

Also, what is the behavior if you stop and start A when B isn't running at
all?