Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net> on 2003/07/18 12:18:00 UTC

Re[2]: cocoon build system

Hello Stephan,

Friday, July 18, 2003, 12:54:52 PM, you wrote:

SM> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Peter Velychko wrote:

>> Hello All,
>>
>> Could anyone suggest to me the hint how can I compile my classes
>> during cocoon building process? My classes use the library
>> "batik-all-1.5b5.jar", that has already placed in the "batik" block.
>>
>> When I put the "batik-all-1.5b5.jar" into the folder
>> {$my_block_home}/lib I had the jar-verification error as follows:
>>
>> Please update the lib/jars.xml file to include the fins/lib/batik-all-1.5b5.jar file together with a description.
>> : Fatal Error! Stylesheet directed termination
>> E:/java/cocoon-2.1m3/tools/src/check-jars.xsl:110:40: Fatal Error! Fatal error during transformation Cause: Fatal error durin
>> g transformation
>>
>> I han't found any means to add "third part" jars to
>> {$my_block}.classpath for block sources compiling.
>>
>> Does the possibility exist?

SM> local.build.properties:
SM> validate.jars=false

SM> Stephan.

Thank you. That's really simple :-).

What is the global reason to validate "jar"-libraries?

Also I added the new element "dependjar" for "project" into the
"gump.xml" and changed "blocks-build.xsl" to process the added
element and it work also.

Best regards,
Peter Velychko
v_peter@ukr.net

[Solution]: cocoon build system

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
Hello Peter,

Friday, July 18, 2003, 2:03:02 PM, you wrote:

PV> Hello Stephan,

PV> Friday, July 18, 2003, 1:25:36 PM, you wrote:

PV> Another problem.
PV> My classes have the package name beginning not with "org.*"
PV> But building temporary file "blocks-build.xml" contains in the target
PV> <target ... name="fins-compile"> the following instruction:

PV>                 <jar jarfile="${build.blocks}/fins-block.jar">
PV>                         <fileset dir="${build.blocks}/fins/dest">
PV>                                 <include name="org/**"/>
PV>                                 <include name="META-INF/**"/>
PV>                         </fileset>
PV>                 </jar>
PV> where "fins" is the name of my block.

PV> So the resulting jar is empty.

To solve my problem I've changed the
[$COCOON_HOME]/tools/src/blocks-build.xsl.

I've added the following variable:
<xsl:variable name="block-package" select="translate(package, '.', '/')"/>

into
<xsl:template match="project">...</xsl:template>

and use
<include name="{$block-package}/**"/>
instead of
<include name="org/**"/>

in
<jar jarfile="{string('${build.blocks}')}/{$block-name}-block.jar">
    <fileset dir="{string('${build.blocks}')}/{$block-name}/dest">
        <include name="{$block-package}/**"/>
        <include name="META-INF/**"/>
    </fileset>
</jar>

My classes begin with "it.ipzs.charts.*" (it is for "fins" project at
http://www.cocoondev.org/) and the resulting jar
"cocoon-fins-block.jar" is ok.

>>> Thank you. That's really simple :-).
>>>
>>> What is the global reason to validate "jar"-libraries?

SM>> To validate name of the jars, and if there exist
SM>> a description from where the lib comes, where it is
SM>> used.

SM>> We have approximately 100 jars, this target helps to
SM>> get the overview.

>>> Also I added the new element "dependjar" for "project" into the
>>> "gump.xml" and changed "blocks-build.xsl" to process the added
>>> element and it work also.

SM>> Fine :)

SM>> Have fun, Stephan.

Best regards,
Peter Velychko
v_peter@ukr.net

Re: cocoon build system

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
Hello Luca,

Friday, July 18, 2003, 2:16:01 PM, you wrote:

> [...]

I done the same with a little another way (in my previous mail). I
used the value of "/module/project/package" element.

LM> Regards,

LM> P.S.
LM> BTW, I presume you're in the process of packaging the chart-making Cocoon-add-on called "fins" into a block, well... we've just done
LM> it !
Yes. It was for "fins".
In any case it was the great experience for me.

LM> In a few days we'll release the new version of fins as a Cocoon block (thanks to Daniel Fagerstrom for his guidance on Cocoon
LM> blocks).
It's very nice. Thank you.
I'm awaiting your new release.

LM> ------------------------------------------
LM>                Luca Morandini
LM>                GIS Consultant
LM>               lmorandini@ieee.org
LM> http://space.virgilio.it/kumora/index.html
LM> ------------------------------------------

>> SM> To validate name of the jars, and if there exist
>> SM> a description from where the lib comes, where it is
>> SM> used.
>>
>> SM> We have approximately 100 jars, this target helps to
>> SM> get the overview.

>> SM> Fine :)
>>
>> SM> Have fun, Stephan.

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Peter Velychko
>> v_peter@ukr.net

Best regards,
Peter Velychko
v_peter@ukr.net

RE: cocoon build system

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.

Re: cocoon build system

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
Hello Stephan,

Friday, July 18, 2003, 1:25:36 PM, you wrote:

Another problem.
My classes have the package name beginning not with "org.*"
But building temporary file "blocks-build.xml" contains in the target
<target ... name="fins-compile"> the following instruction:

                <jar jarfile="${build.blocks}/fins-block.jar">
                        <fileset dir="${build.blocks}/fins/dest">
                                <include name="org/**"/>
                                <include name="META-INF/**"/>
                        </fileset>
                </jar>
where "fins" is the name of my block.

So the resulting jar is empty.

>> SM> local.build.properties:
>> SM> validate.jars=false
>>
>> SM> Stephan.
>>
>> Thank you. That's really simple :-).
>>
>> What is the global reason to validate "jar"-libraries?

SM> To validate name of the jars, and if there exist
SM> a description from where the lib comes, where it is
SM> used.

SM> We have approximately 100 jars, this target helps to
SM> get the overview.

>> Also I added the new element "dependjar" for "project" into the
>> "gump.xml" and changed "blocks-build.xsl" to process the added
>> element and it work also.

SM> Fine :)

SM> Have fun, Stephan.

Best regards,
Peter Velychko
v_peter@ukr.net

Re[2]: cocoon build system

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

> >> I han't found any means to add "third part" jars to
> >> {$my_block}.classpath for block sources compiling.
> >>
> >> Does the possibility exist?
>
> SM> local.build.properties:
> SM> validate.jars=false
>
> SM> Stephan.
>
> Thank you. That's really simple :-).
>
> What is the global reason to validate "jar"-libraries?

To validate name of the jars, and if there exist
a description from where the lib comes, where it is
used.

We have approximately 100 jars, this target helps to
get the overview.

> Also I added the new element "dependjar" for "project" into the
> "gump.xml" and changed "blocks-build.xsl" to process the added
> element and it work also.

Fine :)

Have fun, Stephan.