Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Paul Dermody <pa...@miradorsoftware.com> on 2001/04/09 18:15:02 UTC

text/html

Hello hello
im trying to run the sum  example within the com samples, I get the
following error

C:\foo\xml-soap\samples\com\client>java sum 7
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
msg=Unsupported response content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml".
Response was:
Error</h1>
<PRE>
<B>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter:</B>

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error building response envelope:
java.lang.Null
PointerException
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:328)

etc
etc

any ideas???

Re: text/html

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
Your server side is bombing out. Isn't it nice that the Apache-SOAP
client prints out the whole servlet engine HTML error response
document for you? :)

Check the stderr log of your servlet engine for a stack trace that
might give you a clue of why that NullPointerException occurred...

bfn, Wouter

Re: text/html

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.