Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by TK Solr <tk...@sonic.net> on 2015/06/17 23:33:57 UTC

Where is schema.xml ?

With Solr 5.2.0, I ran:
bin/solr create -c foo
This created solrconfig.xml in server/solr/foo/conf directory.
Other configuration files such as synonyms.txt are found in this directory too.

But I don't see schema.xml. Why is schema.xml handled differently?

I am guessing
server/solr/configsets/sample_techproducts_configs/conf/schema.xml
is used by the foo core because it knows about the "cat" field.
Is the template files in sample_techproducts_configs considered standard?

TK

Re: Where is schema.xml ?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015, at 02:49 PM, TK Solr wrote:
> On 6/17/15, 2:35 PM, Upayavira wrote:
> > Do you have a managed-schema file, or such?
> >
> > You may have used the configs that have a managed schema, i.e. one that
> > allows you to change the schema via HTTP.
> I do see a file named "managed-schema" without ".xml" extension in the
> conf
> directory.
> Its content does look like a schema.xml file.
> Is this an initial content of in-memory schema, and schema API updates
> the
> schema dynamically?

Yup, that's how I understand it. You should not edit that file directly.

Upayavira

Re: Where is schema.xml ?

Posted by TK Solr <tk...@sonic.net>.

Re: Where is schema.xml ?