Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2007/10/31 16:18:26 UTC

Re: Yoko trunk build error.

Does anyone in maven-land know why we have to do this?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Yoko trunk build error.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Nm.

On Oct 31, 2007, at 6:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> [...]

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

RE: Yoko trunk build error.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
It is probably the container and container api jars. Take a look at the dependency plugin pom to see how I used the enforcer to detect these and the exclusions to keep them out.

--Brian

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
What about this?

-john

---

Re: Yoko trunk build error.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Yoko trunk build error.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Yoko trunk build error.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Just a guess, but you may be using an old version of the resource
plugin. It looks like it's using but not declaring a direct
dependency on plexus-utils, and if/when maven ceases to export that
dependency to the plugin as part of the parent classloader, it fails.

Again, just a guess.

-john

On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:18 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Does anyone in maven-land know why we have to do this?
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>

> On Oct 31, 2007, at 2:11 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> I finally managed to get this to build, but it wasn't a pretty
>> process.  Here were the steps:
>>
>> 1)  I upgraded my maven version to 2.0.7.
>> 2)  Attempt to rebuild 2.0.7.  This will fail also, but with a
>> different error.  In order to patch things up, you need to attempt
>> this with 2.0.7 and allow it to fail, otherwise you won't be able
>> to do step 3).
>> 3)  In the maven repository, go to directory org/codehaus/plexus/
>> plexus-archiver and edit the file maven-metadata-central.xml and
>> add the version       <version>1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT</version> to
>> the list.
>> 4)  Rebuild again...it should work this time.
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> Lars Kühne wrote:

>>> Same here.
>>>
>>> Lars