Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Doody, John" <jo...@attws.com> on 2001/03/12 23:25:36 UTC

How to pass plain text through Cocoon 1.7.4

We have the need to pass a large amount of data through Cocoon.  Typically
we will create XML via a custom producer and pass it along for normal
formatting, etc.  However, we've run into some performance problems with
large datasets and have decided to simply download to the raw data to the
user.  We do not want to process this as XML.  Is there a way to tell Cocoon
to simply pass the data along without processing it as XML?  If not, then
I'll simply bypass Cocoon for these specific requests.

We tried using the processing instruction <?cocoon-format
type="text/plain"?> which uses the TextFormatter rather than the
XMlFormatter.  However, it still appears as if it's trying to transform XML?
I'm not sure exactly what TextFormatter does?

Thanks,

John S. Doody
AT&T Wireless
john.doody@attws.com