Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Bondi <rb...@ergito.com> on 2003/12/03 23:29:05 UTC

Tomcat 4.x non .jsp suffix for includes?

Dear All,

We want to use the suffix .jnc for our jsp include files. However, if we do
something like this:

   <jsp:include page="productionHdr.jnc" flush="false">
     <jsp:param name="ph.pageName" value="Scrub Reports"/>
   </jsp:include>

The .jnc file is not compiled -- you can see all the jsp directives when
you view source in your browser. If you use .jsp, everything works fine.

Does anyone know how to configure tomcat to compile .jnc files in this
circumstance?

Is there a standard convention for naming jsp include files?

Thanks much,

r:b:

Re: Tomcat 4.x non .jsp suffix for includes?

Posted by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>.
In fact, I think you could reuse the default "jsp" servlet, and simply add

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jnc</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

to your webapp WEB-INF/web.xml, or $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xm, whichever
you preferl

What I am not sure about is whether the JSP servlet has its name fixed
in the JSP specification, or it is left to the container implementation.
Perhaps someone here can enlight this :-)

Cheers,
Rodrigo Ruiz

Posted by Richard Bondi <rb...@ergito.com>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Actually I think its much easier. In the local web.xml, I think you can add
the mapping for the other extension.

-Tim

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Richard,